Made from a combination of glass, porcelain, and quartz, Dekton is created and manufactured by the company, Cosentino. In an attempt to create the ultimate countertop material, Cosentino developed a proprietary process called “Sinterized Particle Technology,” to alter the state of natural stone.
Imagine the condition of stone after being exposed to extremely high heat and pressure for thousands of years. The resulting creation would be Dekton, a product designed to be ultra-compact and the most durable material available today.
Variation in the natural stone color, pattern, size, shape and shade are inherent and unique characteristics to be expected. This does not affect the product performance. Your countertop will not be replaced due to these variations.
Natural stone products may contain some or all of the following characteristics:
- Areas that have been filled with color-matched epoxy that may compromise the integrity and strength of the materials.
- Variations in veining, color and movement.
- Small visible “fissure” lines on the surface which rarely affect the structural integrity.
- Natural mineral deposits, or “beauty marks,” that can be seen as intensified spots or lines of color, lack of color and areas with compromised polishing ability.
- Pitting “pock” marks of varying size on the surface.
All natural stone products can be damaged by excessive force, pressure or prolonged heating.
All seams will be plainly visible and where there are seams the product pattern, color and other characteristics may change.
Meridian Quartz Surfacing Characteristics
Unlike natural granite, Meridian Quartz Surfacing is non-porous and requires no sealing, giving you the look of natural stone without the ongoing maintenance. In addition, Meridian Quartz Surfacing is also stain-resistant, heat-resistant, and easy to maintain.
All of these qualities have made Meridian Quartz Surfacing a premier choice for specifiers, builders, and homeowners across the country. For homeowners, it’s an ideal surface for kitchen countertops, bar tops, and other surfaces. It’s also perfect for high-traffic commercial areas such as offices, banks, hotels, and restaurants, where applications can include reception areas, serving areas, table tops, and much more.
If you’re looking for a surface that is safe for food preparation and easy to maintain, yet will maintain its luster and natural beauty, you’ll find Meridian Quartz Surfacing to be the perfect choice!
Variation in the natural quartz color, pattern, size, shape, and shade are inherent and unique characteristics of Meridian Quartz Surfacing and are to be expected as with all natural products. These variations do not affect the product performance. Seams in quartz products will be plainly visible. Where seams occur, product color and pattern may change.
All Meridian Solid Surface® products are made from a non-porous, homogeneous blend of polyester and acrylic resins and natural mineral fillers. There are no surface coatings to disrupt or damage, because Meridian Solid Surface® is composed of the same polymer blend from front to back and from top to bottom. The unique characteristics of Meridian Solid Surface® result in a product that is completely non-porous and resistant to most household chemicals, so stains and liquids don’t soak in. The non-porous nature of Meridian Solid Surface® also provides an all-important health benefit; it will not promote the growth of bacteria, mold, or mildew.
Features and Benefits
- Available in a variety of colors and patterns to coordinate with your decor
- Inconspicuous seams
- Stain-resistant and easy to maintain
- Highly durable – stronger than stone
- Resistant to heat, mold, chemicals, pollutants and bacteria
- Environmentally friendly – renewable and repairable
- Backed by a 10-Year Warranty
- Superior value solid surface vanity top
- Integral, oversized center bowl with no overflow
- Easy to clean surface, does not promote mold or mildew
- Choose from a variety of solid colors and granite-patterned colors
- Bowl color same as top
- 1-1/4” edge thickness with eased edges on front and both sides
- 3-1/2” coved backsplash
- Each top is matte fi nished
- Available detached right or left endsplash