For decades, at the beginning of any kitchen or bathroom project, designers and architects have debated the multitude of materials available, from quartz countertops to concrete to solid surface solutions. In very recent times, however, a new product has been added to the list of options: a product called Dekton.
What exactly is Dekton and what are some of the advantages to using this material? Let’s take a closer look.
Made from a combination of glass, porcelain, and quartz, Dekton is created and manufactured by the company, Cosentino. In an attempt to create the ultimate countertop material, Cosentino developed a proprietary process called “Sinterized Particle Technology,” to alter the state of natural stone.
Imagine the condition of stone after being exposed to extremely high heat and pressure for thousands of years. The resulting creation would be Dekton, a product designed to be ultra-compact and the most durable material available today.
Designed for a wide range of applications, including bathroom shower wall panels, kitchen countertops, exterior building cladding, as well as many other commercial applications, Dekton excels in a variety of areas, including:
- Heat and Fire Resistance: The product is capable of withstanding the impact of high heat that would be found by placing scorching hot pans on its surface. Even the use of a blowtorch will not damage this surface.
- Scratch, Abrasion, and Stain Resistance: More compact and harder than even quartz surfacing, Dekton is able to survive cuts and scratches without needing repair. If the product was used in a flooring application, the abrasive damage normally caused by heavy activity would not be a problem. Additionally, Dekton is completely resistant to stain damage normally caused by kitchen spills, such as wine or coffee, as well as chemicals, like nail polish remover or bleach.
- UV, Ice, and Thawing Resistance: Dekton can be utilized in outdoor countertop solutions in locations ranging from exceedingly hot and sunny to exceptionally cold and icy. Environments with extreme climates do not affect or damage the product. No fading or cracking with Dekton!
- Non-Porous: Similar to quartz countertops, Dekton is non-porous, making it mold and mildew resistant and very easy to clean.
- Appearance: The controlled manufacturing process used to create Dekton allows for color consistency throughout the product and from slab to slab. And, it offers multiple color options, including looks designed to mimic wood, concrete, and natural stone, including the veining look found in marble. Check out the Dekton images in our photo gallery.
This ultra-modern, latest and greatest invention could transform kitchen, bathroom, and commercial designs by offering solutions to several common problems. Dekton is designed to be the toughest and most durable product on the market today.
Capable of surviving blowtorches, hot pans, cutting board mistakes, sun rays, icy storms, mildew, and mold, all while looking good and offering a large selection of color options, Dekton just might be the architects’ and designers’ dream solution.
Want to learn more about Dekton? Call us today at 330-837-2216 or contact us here to discuss your needs.